iByte offers computer repair services. The kinds of issues we can troubleshoot and resolve include the following:
- Computer hardware problems – RAM issues, POST errors, PC will not start, power problems, overheating, random shut downs, blue screens, software & hardware compatibility issues
Before we work on your computer hardware problem – is your computer still under warranty? Be sure to check with the manufacturer of your computer before calling us! Unless you own a clone.
- Computer software problems – Windows blue screens, Windows errors, Virus problems, Malware, Spyware, everything EXCEPT ransomware, Re-install Windows (requires valid windows license), Windows Update troubleshooting & errors, software & hardware compatibility issues
What will it cost to repair my computer?
iByte will work with you to provide a custom quote. If you are willing to drop your computer off to one of our site locations in the Kitchener-Waterloo, Cambridge & Guelph area, we will charge you less than having to travel on site to your home or business. We offer competitive rates, but also provide discounts if you are looking to have multiple machines repaired at the same time.
All computer repairs requiring re-installation of any software, will require you to own a valid software license. If you do not have the valid software license, we can provide you with a quote to purchase new software licenses. Note: We do not search for or re-sell legacy software.
How can I provide payment for services?
We can accept money via cheque, Paypal, and Interac E-Transfer. Project work is 50% payable at halfway completion point and 50% payable at the end of the project. We will provide invoices like any other services based business!
We are happy to help with custom quotes for your project requirements. Please reach out via using our contact page, and we will get back in touch with you as soon as possible. Average response times range from same business to next business day.
Here is average rates based on the kind of repair required. Please note: you must have the required software licensing in each case. If you do not have the required licensing from Microsoft or other vendors, iByte will provide a quote for you to procure the required licensing – however, keep in mind this will significantly increase the cost of repairs.
- Virus removal – standard viruses are generally $60 for removal
- Format and re-install operating system – $80
- Networking issues – $50 per hour plus travel time
- Printer issues – $50 per hour plus travel time
- Wireless networking – $50 per hour plus travel time
- Server, virtualization and storage issues will require a custom quote based on the requirement or need.